MARKETING & CX MANAGER
We are looking for Marketing & CX Manager to join our Product Lifecycle Management team (PLC) in Sandvik’s Attachment Tools Division to speed up our growth journey and to lead and shape our marketing activities globally.
Are you a seasoned marketing professional who can manage both strategic and tactical activities of a business and would now like to step into a broader role? Are you excited to work with brands, customer experiences and analytics to make them a real business differentiator? Are you an inspirational and inclusive player-coach who wants to manage a small team of professionals hands-on? If your answer was yes, you might be the person that we are looking for.
Within Sandvik Group, we’re passionate about development and advanced technology, and we always aim to offer the best possible experience for our customers. At Attachment Tools Division, we believe that great brands, products, and business performance is achieved through the understanding of markets, customers, and the facts & figures behind our business. We also recognize the importance of storytelling and culture of creativity and innovation which enables us to better serve and communicate with our customers.
In PLC, we consider ourselves as the quarterbacks of our Division. We are responsible for our products to meet with customer needs and expectations while our own financial targets set. This means that we drive, influence, and collaborate across the various functions and levels of our organization. To successfully deliver on our responsibilities, we want to make our product brand(s), marketing, and communications management as our organizational strength. This is where your role can make a difference.
The location for this position is flexible within Sandvik sites in Finland or it can be home office based. However, occasional travel and presence is required in our Division headquarters in Lahti, Finland (about 1 to 2 days/week). The role also requires occasional duty travel abroad e.g. to organize events and to visit our customers and partners.
- As our Marketing & CX Manager, your mission is to create attachment to our brand(s) and products by the means of marketing, communications, and customer experience.
- You are responsible for the strategic and tactical activities in these areas together with your team.
- Additionally, you will own our market, competitive, customer and business analysis to produce insights that support Division and PLC decision-making for maximum commercial performance. Pricing will also be reporting to you.
- At its core, your work is to lead a small team of Marketing, Analytics and Pricing professionals acting as the quarterback of our business, particularly towards our Product Line Managers and customer-facing organizations such as Sales and Service.
- As the customer knowledge, insights and experience sits in your core, you will also deal with our dealers and end-customers themselves supporting our Sales and Service teams.
As we are a small organization with global reach, you need to act as a player-coach across a broad spectrum of responsibilities from designing our product and marketing strategy down to assuring successful tactical promotions as per the plan and how we are organizing and presenting ourselves in conferences and events. This requires a holistic, dynamic, and solutions-oriented mindset to succeed in.
As the role is set up to expand and re-define our past definition of marketing, you play a pivotal role in how we set the direction, design, execute and engage our organization around this. For this reason, your experience, expertise, and personal strengths will also help us to define the final shape and form of this role.
Your background and what we find important
- We’re looking for someone with robust and hands-on experience (minimum 6-8 years) in brand, marketing, communications, and customer experience with commercial impact.
- You should have some prior leadership experience to assume the role of a player-coach.
- You should have good understanding of Business Analytics and Pricing while gained first-hand experience, preferably from B2B industrial and equipment companies.
- We are considering relevant and transferable expertise and experience on e.g. Sales, eCommerce, digitalization, MarTech, Analytics and Pricing an advantage from any industry.
- Academically, you should hold Master’s degree or higher from a commercial discipline with relevant specialization.
- You are inspirational, collaborative, and fluent communicator who can lead initiatives and create engagement across the organization in a highly visible role.
- You need to be organized and analytical so that we can maintain a high degree of productivity and efficiency in the things we do.
- Solution orientation and working with continuous improvements is a natural part of your character.
- You are open-minded, sensitive, and creative to identify, ideate, incubate, and nurture origins into concrete solutions, designs, and storylines for the benefit of the business.
- Your interpersonal skills are excellent, and you have a natural ability to inspire and connect with people of different backgrounds and personalities.
- You are flexible, react well to change and remain calm in the face of challenges.
- As your team is the creative agency of our organization, we would like you to feel comfortable driving things this way.
- Experience in working and communicating effectively in an international environment with multiple stakeholders both internal and external is a must as is exemplary communication skills both spoken and written in English. Finnish language skills are considered an advantage.
- Due to your marketing core, you should have experience and expertise in e.g. visual design, copywriting and design thinking methods & tools to be able to take a consultative approach within your area of responsibility and the challenging tasks that are waiting for you.
- You are based in Finland and have a valid permit allowing you to work in Finland.
We offer you a challenging and interesting role with high impact and visibility, in a truly international environment as well as opportunities for your professional development.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2021, the Group had approximately 38,000 employees in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Steven ter Horst, Recruitment Director at Pointer Potential, tel. 050 3289446, Calls on Wednesday 5th of May from 14:00-16:00 and Friday 7th of May from 10:00-12:00 (EET)
Matti Kotro, Director Product Lifecycle Management at Attachment Tools Division, tel. + 358401366477. Calls on Monday 3rd of May at 10:00-12:00 and Thursday 6th of May at 14:00-16:00 (EET).
Want to join our team?
Please send your application and CV including your salary request by Friday 16th of May 2021 via our apply button below. We will interview on an ongoing basis, so please submit your CV as soon as possible. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
For questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com